The Petersburg Nuclear Physics Institute (PNPI) is one of four nuclear physics centers within the National Research Center "Kurchatov Institute" (NRC "Kurchatov Institute").
PNPI bears the name of Academician B.P. Konstantinov (1910–1969) – an outstanding Soviet physicist, Director of the Ioffe Physical Technical Institute of the USSR Academy of Sciences, vice president of the Academy of Sciences, who played a significant role in organization and development of the institute.
There are 1986 employees in the institute including 500 scientific workers, 80 doctors and 260 candidates of science. Scientific achievements of the PNPI scientists have been awarded the Lenin and State prizes, State prizes of the Russian Federation and Academic prizes. Three scientists were elected Members of the Russian Academy of Sciences and seven scientists were elected Corresponding Members of RAS.
In PNPI there are the following scientific departments:
- Theoretical Physics Division
- Neutron Research Division
- High Energy Physics Division
- Molecular and Radiation Biophysics Division
- Division of Innovations
Address: PNPI, 1, Orlova roscha mcr., Gatchina, Leningrad region, 188300, Russia