Petersburg Nuclear Physics Institute named by B.P.Konstantinov of NRC «Kurchatov Institute»
Petersburg Nuclear Physics Institute named by B.P. Konstantinov of National Research Centre «Kurchatov Institute» (NRC «Kurchatov Institute» - PNPI) is one of seven research centers within the National Research Center «Kurchatov Institute».
NRC «Kurchatov Institute» - PNPI is named after the academician Boris Pavlovich Konstantinov (1910–1969) – an outstanding Soviet physicist, Director of the Ioffe Physical-Technical Institute of the USSR Academy of Sciences (1957–1967), vice-president of the Academy of Sciences (1966–1969), who played a significant role in the organization of the Institute.
The Institute employs approximately 2,000 people in permanent positions including 580 researchers, 70 Doctors of Sciences and 260 Candidates of Sciences. Scientific achievements of its researchers have been awarded the Lenin and State prizes, prizes of the Government of the Russian Federation and Academic prizes. At the moment, three employees of NRC «Kurchatov Institute» - PNPI are full members and eight are the corresponding members of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
In PNPI there are the following research divisions: Theoretical Physics Division, Neutron Research Division, High Energy Physics Division, Molecular and Radiation Biophysics Division, Advanced Development Division.Read more